My Hands Smell Like Old Books, Yours Can, Too!
Friends of the Law Society,
Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of visiting the University of Malaya for research purposes. The campus is just minutes away from HELP and their library holdings are sizable! They have an entire library dedicated to law. I recommend you visit the "Undang-Undang" (Law) library. The "Utama" (Main) library is a little more difficult to navigate.
Let me tell you how to get the most out of your visit to the University of Malaya.
That being said, TONIGHT IS DEEPA-RAYA and I am SO EXCITED! 6pm DSA, be there!
Love the Law,
Michelle
Yesterday evening, I had the pleasure of visiting the University of Malaya for research purposes. The campus is just minutes away from HELP and their library holdings are sizable! They have an entire library dedicated to law. I recommend you visit the "Undang-Undang" (Law) library. The "Utama" (Main) library is a little more difficult to navigate.
Let me tell you how to get the most out of your visit to the University of Malaya.
- 1) Use their online catalog. Search by title, subject, etc. and the library name and book call number will appear.
- 2) If you have a list of books, highlight which libraries you need to visit. If most of your books are in Undang-Undang, go there first! Don't waste your time getting lost in Utama.
- 3) You can just walk right into the library without being a UM student. The only requirement is that if you have a large bag or backpack, it must remain outside. Initially I was afraid my things would get stolen, but the bags are within view of the receptionist on duty. You are allowed to bring in whatever you can carry by hand.
- 4) Beware of the photocopy machine protocol! They require that you buy a pre-paid card. By the time I got to the library, the store was closed, so I had to speed outline the books by hand.
- 5) If you're going at night, drive yourself, or make sure you have a ride because there are few streetlights and even fewer taxis around.
That being said, TONIGHT IS DEEPA-RAYA and I am SO EXCITED! 6pm DSA, be there!
Love the Law,
Michelle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home