A Constitution Dicey (& Mr. Goh) Would Approve Of
Friends of the Law Society,
I apologize for my lack of updates over the weekend. I have not been feeling well. I am, however, eagerly looking forward to this upcoming week for two reasons especially.
A few projects on hold:
Special acknowledgements of praise go to:
Love the Law,
Michelle
I apologize for my lack of updates over the weekend. I have not been feeling well. I am, however, eagerly looking forward to this upcoming week for two reasons especially.
- Monday - Executive Board Meeting 11-12, we will be drafting the Board Members' constitutional powers and responsibilities section of the HELP Law Society Constitution. That might not be exciting for you, but it is for me! I will post our draft tomorrow evening, so exercise your democratic right and leave comments.
- Wednesday - DEEPARAYA!!!!! The Law Society's first big social event of the season! If you have transportation issues, this is your chance to ask that cute guy/girl in your class for a ride. People that have cars - offer people a ride!
A few projects on hold:
- I Heart Law t-shirts! "Gosh," you may be asking, "where are they?" Now that we have the color calculations, all we need is a Law Society logo to go on the sleeve. Where are our artsy friends? FIND someone and you will get your shirt(s) faster!
- Computer lab printer! We've submitted our request, but are waiting to go through all the administrative hoops and hurdles. It is coming.
- The Gym! Also pending CEO approval and building estimates.
Special acknowledgements of praise go to:
- The Charity Subcommittee - these large-hearted Society members were working hard Monday to Friday, before 10 and after 2 to sell YOU edible and readable goodies for the sake of orphan children. Due to their amazing efforts, a very sizable amount will be passed on to the Home!
- Everyone who supported the Charity Bazaar - thank you for supporting our local community. Thank you so much.
- The Law Society SURVIVORS of the 30-Hour Famine! Shivreena, May, Shavan, Kelly, Josh, Natasha, Faisal and Sara... Words can not describe how much respect I have for your activism!
Love the Law,
Michelle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home