It's Been a Week - - Do You Like What You See?
Friends of the Law Society,
Let's get straight to business, it's 4:17 am. I just woke up and I am feeling energized!
I hear your voice, it will be heard in the meeting:
Law Society Updates:
Subcommittees:
HELP Community:
That is all for now. Oh - - I have been convinced to do some Indian dancing at Deepa-Raya so come see the girl from LA shake it like India on October 18th!
Love the Law,
Michelle
Let's get straight to business, it's 4:17 am. I just woke up and I am feeling energized!
I hear your voice, it will be heard in the meeting:
- I have heard many of your calls for a printer in the computer lab and for individual student accounts to manage payment for said printing. I will present this today.
- There has been great excitement over the I Heart Law t-shirts. We now have three competitive price quotations to select from to keep your costs low.
- "I've been looking for you - - I want to suggest..." Hey! VP Rajiv is setting up a Suggestion Box which will be checked daily if you can't find any of us to speak to directly. Remember, e-mail is an option, too!
Law Society Updates:
Subcommittees:
- Each subcommittee will elect a Subcommittee Chairperson and Deputy Chair so be at your next meeting if you are interested! They will be working closely with VP Shahriz.
- Remember, the Academic and Editorial Board subcom's are wide open. Take advantage!
- Halloween MUST be rescheduled to the 2nd or the 4th of November. Tell your rep's - it's your democatic right!
HELP Community:
- I attended the Department of Student Affairs Board of Councils meeting yesterday. I learned that all requests for sponsorship money are to be accompanied by a letter from DSA. Very important.
- Next year, they are creating a school-wide HELP Student Council. All ambitious law students should start widening their networks now for elections next year. Positions in this council will give you access to the top administrators.
- Charity Bazaar! Don't tell me Alfred hasn't come into your room at least twice to remind you. Do a wonderful service to local community and simultaneously educate/feed yourself by purchasing books and food. *Edit: 5th floor DSA, next week ALL WEEK (M-F). 10 am-2 pm. Watch out for my cupcakes!
That is all for now. Oh - - I have been convinced to do some Indian dancing at Deepa-Raya so come see the girl from LA shake it like India on October 18th!
Love the Law,
Michelle

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home